Mbi

• Dna polymerase 1 and dna,polymerase 2 both have the same function but even then why can't dna polymerase 1 cant remove rna primer from laging strand

• @shivam-madhav-gawate
    DNA polymerases are a group of polymerases that catalyze the synthesis of polydeoxyribonucleotides from mono-deoxyribonucleoside triphosphates (dNTPs), performing the most fundamental functions in vivo of DNA replication, repair, and, in some cases, cell differentiation. In fact, different types of DNA polymerases have been found in a single organism, for example, three (DNA Pol I, II, and III) in E. coli or five (DNA Pol α, β, γ, δ, and ɛ) in higher eukaryotes, which are believed to perform a specialized in vivo function(s).

now termed DNA polymerase I or simply Pol I, is but one of at least five DNA polymerases in this same bacterium. Pol I and Pol III carry out normal DNA replication, with Pol III carrying out continuous synthesis on the leading strand and discontinuous synthesis on the lagging strand, leaving gaps that are filled in by Pol I and sealed by ligase. Pol I and probably Pol II are active in DNA repair. Different polymerases can have different activities. For instance, Pol I has not only a 5′→3′ polymerase activity that will add deoxy nucleotide triphosphates onto a primer off of a template DNA, it also has a 3′→5′ exonuclease activity for mismatched bases, and a 5′→3′ exonuclease activity that operates on double-stranded DNA.
    DNA polymerase I (or Pol I) is an enzyme that participates in the process of prokaryotic DNA replication. ... The physiological function of Pol I is mainly to repair any damage with DNA, but it also serves to connect Okazaki fragments by deleting RNA primers and replacing the strand with DNA